4/10/2020

Week10 Japanese manga -video-


 Of course, I have been looking forward this week a lot from the time when I saw the syllabus of this course at the beginning of this semester. I am a big fan of Osamu Tezuka, I believe you can see a lot of the evidence from my previous blog posts.

 I would like to add another information on video, about amateur manga and fan fiction culture in Japan. For these days, amateur manga and fun fiction manga is one of the biggest genres in Japanese comics. There are many events about it throughout the year. Even the biggest one, which is called Comic Market, is held once in each season (spring, summer, autumn, winter). Creators bring their artworks, most of the time it is manga but sometimes games and goods as well, and sell it to the customers or creators also buy or trades other creators' work. Unlike official publishing, they create a story, make an art, print, and sell all by themselves. This is an important place to communicate with artists.
Tokyo Big Site, the most famous place for Comic Market
 Not only the physical meeting, but the internet is also an important place for creators to sell their works. Pixiv.net is one of the most famous illustration SNS in Japan. For these days, many amateur manga artists became pro manga artists from publishing their work on pixiv.net. Companies and publishers also check pixiv account a lot to find a new artist.

https://www.pixiv.net/

 I already knew the most of the instructions that told in video, but because of that, I felt really happy with it. There’s no wrong information and any stereotypes. When I had the Game History class last year, I feel sad with the textbook because the instruction about Japan-made games was totally stereotypically wrong. In one section, it says like the theme of Japanese games is a sort of adult novel game. It is not wrong, we have that kind of games and it’s cannot be seen in another country, then it could be called as characteristic of Japanese culture. However, it is not all of us. The majority of the game genre in Japan is not the type of game. Also, there was a lot of spell mistake of Japanese names both in-person and titles. I know Japan is such a strange country for Americans. I appreciate the video class because that was the most accurate information that I ever had before.




No comments:

Post a Comment